Sunday, November 25, 2018

PixelatedSPEED is Going to the Snowball Derby!

PixelatedSPEED Photo
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. My hometown of Pensacola, FL transforms into the site of the most prestigious late model race of the year.

Over the course of five of the busiest days in racing, close to 200 teams will battle across seven divisions, with each race growing more and more intense as the excitement builds toward the finale on the first Sunday in December, the 51st Annual Snowball Derby.

For the 10th year, I’ll be attending this symphony of speed. It is my pleasure, and honor to be able to provide my perspective of the week’s events through the lens of my camera, and the stories I will be sharing via PixelatedSPEED.

From the drop of the first hauler door on Wednesday morning, to the drop of the checkered flag on Sunday afternoon, PixelatedSPEED will be there to chronicle all the action.

I plan to provide the usual news stories, covering the various practice sessions, time trials, and races. Additionally, I want to provide observations from my perspective on how the week transpires. I know that sounds vague, but essentially, I intend on keeping a journal of my activities on each day.

With a decade of Derby experiences behind me, I can honestly say that I have no freaking clue what lays ahead. That is one of the awesome things about the Snowball Derby; something unexpected always happens. For all the traditions, the pomp and circumstance… something crazy always happens, and I look forward to seeing what surprises will reveal themselves this year.

I invite you to join my journey this year. Like PixelatedSPEED on Facebook and Twitter, and share your experiences along the way.

Things get busy early on Wednesday morning as the haulers pull into the pit area. Wednesday continues with Tech Day, as technical inspection opens for both Snowball Derby and Snowflake 100 cars. For the second year in a row, racing begins on Wednesday with the Pure Stock Division feature and the night is capped off with the Green Flag Party.

Late Models take to the track beginning Thursday with practice sessions throughout the day.
Friday is Pole Day for the Snowball Derby while Saturday the Pro Late Models take center stage for the Snowflake 100. Then on Sunday, over 30 of the nation’s top Super Late Model drivers fight it out in a bid to win the Tom Dawson Trophy.

PixelatedSPEED is a motorsports news and views website covering all things racing. If you've made it this far into the post, thank you. Please consider sharing this content on the interwebs and following PixelatedSPEED on Facebook and Twitter and joining in on the conversation. http://facebook.com/PixelatedSPEED & http://twitter.com/PixelatedSPEED

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts